Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Anna's Book


Anna's Book, My Entry
Originally uploaded by 3MW

I promise, it only looks like I am plotting revenge on sweet Anna! Graphitint watercolor pencils and metallic paint pens.

The light in Anna's photo made everything so gold and lovely. And there I was, looking in the mirror and seeing lots of new silver hairs popping through.

This reminds me of the lovely childhood song :
"Make new friends, but keep the old.
One is silver and the other gold."

Who wants it next?

8 comments:

benconservato said...

Lovely Melissa. Nice idea with the saying and evrything. Anna's book must almost be back to her.

The Speckled Sink said...

Thanks, but sadly it is quite empty. Bringing me back to my original question...who would like this lovely book?

Anonymous said...

I can't remember if I've done this one! If I haven't, send it to me :)

Lars Käker said...

It´s a brilliant idea for an artists network! It must be a great adventure being a part of it! I´m also building a little artists network for my own project portraits_2null.

Please have a look at it:
http://www.portraits2null.blogspot.com/

Best regards - Lars

ZHENYA ZHURAVLYOVA said...

love it!

The Speckled Sink said...

Hi. Just checking in to say that this book is in the mail to Kathleen. Thank you for agreeing to give this book a place to go.
A few folks commented via email that they were working on books. Anyone have an image or update to share?

The Speckled Sink said...

Kathleen-
Did you receive Anna's book that I mailed to you in August? I'm updating our chart today.

tanaudel said...

Yes! I have drawn and just scanned the picture - will put it up in next day or two. Who next? I am also re-sending Chris' to Marina.